Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SEX

The theme for my second year of my IB art experience is simply just 'sex'. Sex is a rather controversial subject, but at the same time it is a natural act that all people know of whether they deny it or not.
There are many ways of viewing sex, you can view it as something inappropriate and morbid, or you can view it as something beautiful. Either way, i find the topic interesting to work with.

Audrey Kawasaki is a Japanese American artist who portrays sexual behavior in the most beautiful way possible, using oil paint on wood.

Terry Richardson is a photographer who also works with sexual topics. His personal artistic photos are often raunchy and controversial.

1 comment:

Natalie Kunst said...

I hate to be such a square but can you pleeasseee use a little less provocative images on your blog so that I can share it with other students and still keep my job!
:)